Happened with ESET’s NOD32 once when everything was being flagged as Kryptik.JX trojan but this time its BitDefender, they pushed an update file that rendered Windows 64-bit systems useless since many were falsely flagged as Trojan.FakeAlert.5 and moved to quarantine. This might have left many users with a useless non-bootable Windows or other problems. Here is the solution to fix the false alarm by BitDefender which detects important files as Trojan.FakeAlert.5.
The BitDefender products effected were: Home user, BitDefender Business Client and BitDefender Security for File Servers.
- All BitDefender 2008, 2009 & 2010 Users With 64-Bit Systems
Download BitDefender Rescue CD that will fix the problem
- BitDefender Business Client: False positive Trojan.Fakealert.5 on Windows x64 systems
- False positive Trojan.Fakealert.5 on Windows x64 systems – How to fix your BitDefender for File Servers product
BitDefender has a dedicated page for the said problem which can be accessed HERE
New version of the popular WordPress Plugin WP-UserOnline version 2.60 has arrived but with a problem. A small piece of code is missing for some reason and it gives the following error when its being enabled.
Fatal error: Class ‘scbWidget’ not found in /wp-content/plugins/wp-useronline/wp-useronline.php on line 515
The solution for it is very simple; if you have upgraded to version 2.60 and are getting the fatal error then login to your FTP and edit wp-useronline.php file, the fault lies in very first line so it’s very easy to find. It currently looks like,
Plugin Name: WP-UserOnline
All you have to do is add include ‘scb/Widget.php’; under the very first line so it looks like this.
Plugin Name: WP-UserOnline
(Remove the space between < and ? php
and you are done, just activate the plugin. For those of you who are either lazy ;) or do not understand what I am talking about. Here's updated version of the Plugin with the fix applied to it. Just download it, login to your WordPress and add it via upload.
A very annoying problem in Windows is disappearance and missing of Folder Options under Tools menu in Explorer. My Digital Life has given a solution for this problem which is as under:
Are your Folder Options not visible under Tool menu in Windows Explorer? It is quite common to see this problem and if you are one of the unfortunate one, don’t panic! You can restore it back by following a few simple steps.
There are 2 solutions provided as below, you can choose either one of them to get this problem resolved:
Solution 1: Edit registry
1. Go to Run, type regedit then press enter.
2. Navigate to [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer].
3. At right panel, look for a value called NoFolderOptions. Right click on it then choose Delete.
4. Navigate to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer].
5. Repeat step 3 to delete NoFolderOptions entry.
Solution 2: Change setting in Group Policy
1. Go to Run, type gpedit.msc then press enter.
2. Navigate to User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Windows Explorer.
3. At the right panel, look for “Removes the Folder Options menu item from the Tools menu”, right click on it then choose Properties.
4. Change the setting from Enabled to Not Configured or Disabled.
Hope this simple workaround will help you save some time for other value added tasks.