Asus P5B Deluxe Drivers

Posted by 7 December, 2006 |

Last Updated: February 07, 2007

Going to Asus, then to Downloads area, then going through the lenghty process in order to get your Motherboard’s drivers and well, something seems to be wrong with the Asus guys because LATEST driver appears on their FTP but it’s no where shown on the P5B Deluxe motherboard website. Here I present direct download links to most of the drivers, taken off Asus’s FTP. How? Using COMMON Sense. So enjoy downloading and do I need to say do all at your own risk because I am providing you ASUS links and some directly from INTEL. Keep the comments coming please…

(1) SoundMax Analog Devices AD1988B – Audio Driver:

Operating System: Windows XP/2000

Operating System: Windows XP 64 bit

Operating System: Windows 2003

Operating System: Windows 2003 64 bit

Operating System: Windows Vista 32 bit/64 bit

Operating System: Linux

(2) Intel Chipset Inf Updates – Chipset Driver including Intel 965 Express Chipset:

Operating System: All versions of Windows except Windows 98 SE and Windows ME

(3) Intel Matrix Storage Manager – RAID/AHCI Driver and Software:

(4) JMicron JMB363 RAID Controller Driver :

Note:- DO NOT INSTALL THIS IF YOU ARE NOT USING THE JMICRON’S SATA CONTROLLER AS RAID OR YOUR IDE DEVICES, WHICH ARE ALSO PROVIDED BY THE SAME CHIPSET IN P5B DELUXE WILL NOT WORK PROPERLY. YOU DO NOT NEED TO WORRY ABOUT INSTALLATION OF IDE DRIVER EITHER. WINDOWS DEFAULT DRIVER WORKS BEST. PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THERE ARE KNOWN ISSUES WITH THE SAID DRIVER INCLUDING PERFORMANCE SLOWDOWN, BURNING SOFTWARES NOT WORKING PROPERLY WITH THE IDE DEVICES. YOU WILL ALSO BE NOT ABLE TO USE THE BURNING FILES – COPY/PASTE WAY OF BURNING FILES USING WINDOWS.

Operating System: Windows Vista 32 bit/64 bit

(5) ACPI Driver :

Operating System: Windows 2000 / Windows XP / Windows 2003 / Windows XP 64 bit / Windows 2003 64bit / Windows Vista 32bit – 64bit

Be Sociable, Share!

No related posts.

Categories : Asus P5B Deluxe Tags : , ,

Comments
December 14, 2006

There is something up with the JMicron controller. My P5B-DLX would freeze; completely lock up, not even crtl-alt-delete would work. I’ve downloaded the beta version (3.75) and things seem to be working much much better.

It’s a shame they can’t have the software done when they ship out the hardware.

Posted by umdengineer
December 15, 2006

Oh man i just installed that j-micron driver(the latest one) and as you know i have no RAID on my board and i just have a DVD Writer and a SATA HDD. Is there any problem it can cause? let me know if its wrong.

Posted by HaMeD
December 15, 2006

@ umdengineer: True, it is a shame…I hear they are working on the problems with this Board right now. I really hope it’s not faulty hardware but just the drivers.

@ HaMeD: Well, you should not install it if you are not using the JMicron SATA ports for RAID function. Double click your DVD-Writer icon in My Computer, I mean try to burn something by Windows COPY PASTE function into DVD-Writer drive. It will not work. It does not work with me atleast even with the latest drivers. If it does with you then no problem :) but still, one should not use it, the Windows default drivers work just fine.

Posted by The Patri0t
December 18, 2006

I can’t get the coaxial to output anything. The optical is fine but my amp only has one optical input and i’m using it for another device so I want to use coaxial instead.

Posted by Tim
December 20, 2006

Hmm, TIM, sorry I can’t be of any help about it. I don’t use the coaxial. :sad:

Posted by The Patri0t
December 22, 2006

Have you had any problems with the Control Panel window not opening after installing any of the P5 deluxe drivers?

The first two times I have installed Vista 32/Business and installing the SoundMax drivers and/or the Intel Drivers the control panel stops working unless I boot into safe mode.

Posted by Randy
December 26, 2006

@ The Patri0t: Got the problem with my dvd writer:
I installed the JMicron driver and now i can’t have the possibility to write any cd or dvd with my dvd writer, it reads anything but won’t write. Do you have any solution to get over this? I’m going nuts about this …

Posted by FrEnch
December 26, 2006

@Randy: I do not recommend installing Soundmax drivers in Windows Vista. Use the Vista one’s.

@French: Right click My Computer then click Properties, click Hardware then Device Manager. Look for “SCSI & RAID controllers”.
You should see Jmicron listed there, right click that and click Update Driver. Driver Update Wizard will show up, select “No, not at this time” when asked for updating from Windows Update, click Next then select, “Install from a list or specific location”. Select “Don’t search. I will choose the driver to install” and click Next. You will see two options there, “JMicron JMB36x Controller” and “Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller”. Select the later one, “Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller”, click next and allow the Computer to do the rest. You are done! :smile:

Posted by The Patri0t
January 4, 2007

j-micron drivers screwed up my LG DVD writer – couldn’t erase DVD RW’s no matter what software I used. Changed it back to standard driver and all was fine again…

Posted by Steve
January 21, 2007

thanks for the jmicron info, helped me alot ;-)

Posted by Walter
January 21, 2007

does anybody know what this driver ” Intel Matrix Storage Manager” is for, when do i need to install it?!

thx

Posted by Walter
January 23, 2007

Steve and Walter, glad your problem was solved :). Walter, Intel Matrix Storage Manager is only needed if you are going to have RAID capabilities I think.

Posted by The Patri0t
January 23, 2007

Hey, I found this page very helpful. I was just wondering if you had any idea on this problem I’ve got. On this board my IDE DVD drive is stuck in PIO mode (so choppy playback etc), i’ve tried all the tricks to get it into DMA, (uninstalling IDE drivers etc, reg hack etc).

Event viewer gives me this:
The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Ide\IdePort9.

The dvd drive is the only device on the IDE, as the hard disk is Sata.

Thanks :(

Posted by Mothra
January 27, 2007

hi
i have intel ich7 chipset and i’m not install vista to computer because i haven’t sta driver for install vista.please help me
tanks :smile:

Posted by Ramin
January 30, 2007

I’m trying to setup the JMicron controller using AHCI so I can use an external eSATA harddisk. Anyone got this working ? On the Intel IHC8R I have a RAID setup and 2 SATA ODD’s.

R.

Posted by dnoiz
February 1, 2007

is there any driverdisk from intel supporting nativ AHCI for the ICH8 SATA Controller? when i tried the upper mentioned intel matrix driverdisk it didn´t work when installing XP. found many others having the same problem. any solution, maybe selfmade driverdisk to throw in after hitting F6 (XP Installation)? Thanks

thanks

best regards

Posted by HDready
February 3, 2007

@ Mothra: Format Windows and clean install, this time DO NOT install JMicron at all. Just let the default drivers work. On my XP, I had installed JMicron driver, after removing those I was having performance lack during copying DVD’s etc. But on another hard disk, after installing XP, installing every other driver but not the JMicron sorta solved it. I have yet to check it completely but I think the problem is gone.

@ dnoiz: Is it necessary to set JMicron controller to AHCI in order to use eSATA? I don’t think so… Have you tried it? I think it should work.

@ HDready: I have not tried installing XP on a disk set as AHCI, but I have done that on Windows Vista. I downloaded latest DISK making software from Intel’s website, made a floppy of it on my laptop, then copied all files from the floppy to USB drive (since Vista installation can read drivers from it). I do not have a floppy disk drive on Desktop computer. I was not able to use USB as Floppy either which can be set through BIOS to work as Floppy disk.

As for hanging problem, perhaps it’s a Virus or spyware or something? Make sure you have latest version of an anti-virus installed with latest definition updates and also download Microsoft’s AntiSpyware, Windows Defender, look for it on Microsoft’s website.

Posted by The Patri0t
February 6, 2007

Hi!
I have installed Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit on a SATA disk @ ACHI settings. I have ASUS P5B deluxe motherboard, and it worked fine. The question is, should I install any other drivers for my disc controller? The latest Jmicron driver and the Intel storage manager? It works fine without them, just wondering if there is an faster soloution.

Also, I have the Vista drivers for my SoundMax onboard card. I use optical conection to my reciver, and I don’t get Dolby Digital or DTS sound. Just Pro Logic II mode. Any soloution to this problem?

Posted by andylove
February 7, 2007

Andy, you don’t need to install drivers for JMicron or the Intel Storage Manager. I have installed Intel Storage Manager though, could not resist, it won’t hurt anyways so I did install that but not JMicron.

Soundmax is just lame…Check it with latest Beta drivers offered by them.

Posted by The Patri0t
February 8, 2007

I have the latest version of windows Vista on my machine. The Board is Asus P5PE-VM and therefore the sound card is AD1988B SoundMAX v5.10.01.6110 WHQL . The sound card driver does not run on Vista. Is there a Driver update for this product for Vista that I could Download?? Please Let me know.. Thanks

Posted by RishiE
February 13, 2007

I have a Asus P5PE-VM motherboard and if it will work to install SoundMAX Audio Driver v6.10.01.5110 from the Vista?

Please let me know

Posted by Joana
February 17, 2007

From the Vista, Joana? Do you mean installing the drivers offered by Vista? That’s not possible.

Posted by The Patri0t
February 17, 2007

Yes, Patriot

Will it working on Vista? I cannot find to download the sound drivers from Asus.com. There have only windows xp…. :sad:

Posted by Joana
February 24, 2007

Is there value to adding the intel 965 chipset drivers to my VISTA install? The system seems to be working perfectly fine without them, I’ve had an easy vista experience so far, so I’m reluctant to mess with it.
Especially since it was kind of hidden on asus’s site.. this is actually the first I am hearing of the chipset drivers, so thanks alot!!!!

But I remember from the XP days chipset drivers were essential.

Anyone have any experience or comments? And which version do I deploy? Asus or intel’s?

Thanks
-Mike

Posted by Michael McGowan
February 24, 2007

SoundMAX Audio Driver v5.10.03.5010 Vista driver.

Will it work on P5PE-VM motherboard??

thanks

Posted by joana
February 24, 2007

SoundMAX Audio Driver v5.10.03.5010 – 3.35 MB

OR

SoundMAX Audio Driver v6.10.01.5110 (WHQL) – 7.28 MB

OR

SoundMAX Audio Driver v6.10.1.6100 – 5.8 MB BETA [Latest] ???

I hope it will work on P5PE-VM…. Please let me know
thanks

Posted by joana
February 25, 2007

i heave motherboard asus p5b , from where i can dawnload chipset driver to my operating system vista ???? Please Help Me !!!!

Posted by Sebastian
March 3, 2007

Hi folks,

have some probs with my p5b and a c2d e6300. I’m not able to install a ACPI Multiprocessor PC, whatever I try.

Have BIOS 1004 running, using XP Pro SP2 with latest drivers. It always installs a standard “ACPI-PC”. Changing to an Acpi-Multiprocessor PC” via device manager is impossible (driver won’t show up). Hitting F5 during installation renders system unbootable / causes setup to freeze with a black screen and cursor at top left.

Waht do I have to do to become able to use Core “2″ Duo’s second core? :(

Posted by Palamedes
March 3, 2007

i installed windows vista it took sound driver automatically but in voice chat my mic wasnt working so i searched engine and came across this website and installed this software
SoundMAX Audio Driver v6.10.1.6100 – 5.8 MB BETA [Latest]
now my mic is workin properly.
i have p4 2.66GHz wit asus board wit on board sound car.

Posted by R&D
March 3, 2007

Great site – solved my JMicron JMB36X driver problems by luck when in a moment of desperation I tried to update the IDE / SATA drivers. i am not sure what happened but the JMicrom disappeared and my DVD is now back on line.

Regards

Posted by Patrick Quirk
March 4, 2007

I have the P5PE-VM MB for Intel 775. When vista is installed, the onboard audio won’t work and it will recognize it as a “multimedia audio controller” but if you try to install the AMD-8111 AC’97 driver which comes with vista, it will work.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :lol:

Posted by Vivek Moorthy
March 4, 2007

Great site. I only stumbled across your information after getting over a real dilemma with my newly built system based on the P5B VM m/board.

I installed a video card about three weeks after I put the system together and then “discovered” a problem with the Lite-On DVD burner and audio player.

After much experimenting I got rid of the JMicron RAID driver and the issue now seems solved. It was more good luck than good planning and knowledge.

I find it strange that this matter has not been raised on the ASUS forums.

It is annoying to buy what seemed to be a solid m/board from a reputable company only to see poor software. This is my first non-Intel m/board build and it will probably also be my last!

Regards

Posted by Patrick Quirk
March 4, 2007

Hey Vivek Moorthy…
Where did u find the driver for Asus P5PE-VM!?
No one of the drivers of the list work on my mother :(
Buuuhh! Help I don’t have any sound

Posted by Shelly
March 4, 2007

@HDready/February 1, 2007 @ 5:39 pm:

“other story.. did someone experience hanging tasks within XP, that can´t be closed via taskmanager, after that no shut down of XP is possible? i get it reproduceable even after fresh install with new bios and newest drivers for all components. i´m not using the jmicron controller atm! system is stable (not overclocked) when checking it with memtest and orthos, prime… etc.”

I have had the exact same experience, however it has been limited to the past week. Things worked fine for the first two weeks with this system, which makes me suspicious.

As you describe, closing the program would not work even with CTRL-ALT-DEL. I had one instance where trying to close Firefox would always give me the Microsoft error report to which I’d click “Don’t send”, but the Firefox window never actually closed!

Upon disabling the device in BIOS I could no longer replicate the crashes. I discovered it was the Intel HD Audio driver in some way causing it. System is perfectly stable in non-Windows OS, and misbehaving seemed to only start when opening programs which would open the audio driver.

After trying and failing to get AC97 audio to even work, I’m going to try some more up to date audio drivers for Intel HD Audio, namely:

ftp://dlsvr02.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/audio/ad1988/AD1988B_2KXP_510016110_DTS_WHQL.zip
ftp://dlsvr02.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/audio/ad1988/AD1988B_2KXP_510016110WHQL.zip

I will post back with any news.

Posted by flummoxd
March 10, 2007

Shelly,

I found the driver on the windows disk. When you installed, it should’ve identified the unknown multimedia controller. Then when it asks for the driver, just say you’ll choose your own, then you have to manually search out the amd-8111 ac’97 audio controller driver. It’s not the perfect driver, but it works. At least until creative labs grows a heart and decides to write a driver for CT4760 soundblasters :neutral:

Hope that helps.

Posted by Vivek Moorthy
March 11, 2007

Will it working on Vista? I cannot find to download the sound drivers from creative sound blaster live! value There have only windows xp….

:sad:

Posted by paramjeet marwah said,
March 11, 2007

March 11, 2007

Will it working on Vista? I cannot find to download the sound drivers from creative sound blaster live! value ? There have only windows xp…. :cry:

Posted by paramjeet marwah
March 13, 2007

how come the ASUS Audio driver is 31.?? mb, and this one is 21.?? mb, also when extracting the 31mb file 2 files are corrupt….

Is there a newer version of the Ai Suite available? can you post that please.

Posted by Pepi93
March 14, 2007

Hello all and very sorry for not replying in time. Have been really busy lately and the stupid Dial-up…never seems to work fine when I’ve got work to do!!! So anyways. Replying first to the latest comments, since it’s easy for me to do that :).

@Pepi93, I will be making an entry about their Utilities & Softwares very soon. Check out this link, it directly links to P5B Deluxe downloads page of Asus. Look for it there,
http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?modelname=P5B Deluxe&SLanguage=en-us
You can login to http://ftp.asus.com as anonymous user too and can find latest version of stuff available, you just have to know where to look for ;). As for the Audio driver size you have talked about, I don’t quite get it. Explain it a little further please. Try downloading the files with Download Accelerator, not directly and see if that helps. Report the bad archive to Asus then.

@paramjeet: Sound Blaster Creative Live, umm you can give it a shot. It’s quite old I think. Vista should install appropriate driver for it unless ofcourse it’s not been considered outdated by them. Try it out. Nothing works better than trying it, in such cases!

@flummox: Thanks for dropping by and commenting. Please do report back.

@Patrick: This was my first ever non-Intel board too and the experience………..you know the rest.

@Palademes: Your problem will be solved shortly, just go to BIOS, under “POWER” look for “ACPI APIC Support”, ENABLE it and install Windows now. It will automatically detect both cores. Both cores will not appear if that’s disabled. I had this problem my self. :oops:

@Sebestian: From Intel’s website or actually the link for 965chipset driver provided here since all come in one package.

@Joana: If it has same Audio controller onboard then yes it will work.

McGown: You don’t need to install Chipset driver for Vista. Installing latest might help sometimes though. Vista’s case is not same as XP where it was necessary to install them. If Vista does not install then yes it should be installed. Asus’s version of the chipset driver or Intel, I will recommend Intel. There is no real difference anyway but I would install the one’s provided on Intel’s website.

Thanks to all for commenting and yeah to those too who helped others while I was away. :) As for JMicron problem, please check out the post I made under P5B Deluxe about it. Got an official response from them, there’s another way around too solving it. Setting JMicron controller to RAID, but that too does not set the mode of IDE devices automatically. You have to manually choose them. Whatever…

Posted by The Patri0t
March 14, 2007

@flummoxd:

Finally someone else with the same symptoms! I have had the same thing happening to me. I have figured out it somehow is related to the on board audio. The application will crash when trying to initialize audio. In firefox it usually means flash content, but it can also be a zoom player, skype etc. that does it. The result is always the same – the application cannot be ‘end tasked’ and the system won’t even shut down, because of the hanging application.

This is extremely annoying and I tried buying another sound card. I ended buying a wrong one for my system (only stereo sound through spdif output) and now I’m back with the on board audio – trying the new drivers. I just installed them, so I am very interested at seeing if they finally fix this. Please, let’s stay in touch and see if we can help eachother out.

Posted by pillar
March 16, 2007

I will be purchasing this motherboard as my first build. I will be using E6600 and installing xp pro sp2. My questions are What is a good compatible 2 gig ram set for this board (not to low or high end), and what if any drivers will I need to install with F6 os istallation. No raid just 2 sata wd 250 hd (2nd sata for backup), 8800 graphics, cd/dvd rw drive and floppy drive/card reader.

Thanks for any help you all can give me.
Since this is my first build I really want to at least be heading in the right direction.

Posted by NATO5776
March 17, 2007

I am trying to set up a RAID0 array of 2 x WD320 HD’s for media storage along with a non-RAID WD160 as drive C: for OS/Apps. This is on a P5B Deluxe mobo. Can’t seem to figure out how to do this. If I set BIOS to RAID then the system won’t boot windows from the non-raid drive c, but if BIOS not set to RAID then of couse I can’t configure the RAID drives. How does one do this?

Posted by Peter
March 17, 2007

Further to my inquiry, all 3 drives are SATA, connected to the SATA 1, 2 & 3 (out of 6) ports (not the JMicron port). I have disabled the JMicron driver. I’m running MCE205.

By the way, I’ve skirted the SoundMax problem by just using spdif optical out to my receiver. I know that doesn’t help anyone without an external receiver, but if you’ve got one it’s a simple solution.

Posted by Peter
March 18, 2007

Dear all,

I have also a strange issue with my P5B Deluxe.
I run XP SP2 on it, with the latest BIOS (2007.01) and the newest drivers (except the JMICRON Which uses the windows drivers as it was adviced here)
I have a Samsung HD300 LJ harddisk, connected to the first SATA port on the Intel chipset, and a NEC PATA DVD writer connected to the Jmicron port.

Everything is working just fine, no signal of any error the system runs perfect, the disk surface test is also OK.

The only application that shows errors is the MS SQL Server 2000 Personal Edition (with SP4).
There’s a utility from MS that simulates the IO of an SQL server, this utility is the SQLIOsim. This utility also produces the error.
Anyway this utility can be downloaded from here:

I would be very happy if someone could post me a hint…
Thnx.

Posted by Zoltan
March 21, 2007

It has been a week and my system has had about 3-4 of those “not responding” and “not able to end task/shutdown” lockups. Even with the newest soundmax xp drivers. I am getting desperate here. Help, anyone?

Posted by pillar
March 21, 2007

I have posted here before, and the tips I then got helpet alot! Thank’s ;)

Ok, I know to well that Vista is still young and drivers are not that well developed. But I can’t go back to XP. The problem is not the OS, I think, but rather the hardware. Sometimes everything freezes. Mouse, keyboard, system etc. In games, in Windows and I have tried to locate the error without luck. Anyone else with the same problem, or is this a know issue?

I got this from the event viewer:

6008
0×80000000000000

8999
System
trollmann

9:33:59 AM
3/21/2007

565

This message is alway the same, with Windows EventID: 6008.

Thanks for help on this matter ;)

Posted by andy
March 25, 2007

@Andy: You are facing this problem in Windows Vista? I was having one similar to this but in Windows XP on P5B Deluxe. To my surprise when I checked, JMicron controller had set my DVD-Writer to “PIO ONLY MODE” yet again. I changed that and I did not get such a thing again. The CPU usage meter was messed up during the time mouse etc. freezed, it would reach 50 then back to 25 and so on.

@Pillar: FORMAT and have a fresh install?

@Zoltan: Can’t figure out why. You should contact MS and Asus about it?

@NATO: After reading all this, you still want to buy this Board? LoL. Watever, good RAM. I’ve got 1 Gig Corsair XMS2 DDR2800 and booted with those right away without changing any thing in BIOS. You should get those, I think ZipZoomFly was selling 2 Gigz in 180$ or 160$ few days ago after a good healthy rebate. You will need to install Intel drivers after making a drivers floppy if you plan to set up RAID/AHCI, or install Windows on IDE and once everything is done, connect this to JMicron while its also set on IDE, install Intel Matrix storage program/driver after booting on JMicron, then restart and set it to AHCI/RAID.

Posted by The Patri0t
March 26, 2007

Patri0t,

Thanks for the reply.If you could simplify my steps it would be great. This is my very first build from scratch.

I want to use

1) 2 Sata drives one for windows xp pro sp2 the other for photos, Doc’s, downloads etc.
2) DVD/CDr/rw (NOT SATA) Or SATA if you think it would work better in avoiding some of the issues I’m reading about. I can switch
3) floppy drive

From what you describe in your responce This is what I understand.

If my 2 hd’s are not set to up Raid configuration and they are not IDE then no drivers during f6 OS installation are needed?
Will I need any drivers installed during OS install (F6) for my DVD/CD r/rw if it is not SATA?

With all the issues with the jmicron drivers and such I’m confused as to what to do and the steps in which to do them. Please treat me as a complete idiot when you respond. THIS BOARD MAY NOT BE THE ONE FOR ME and yes this forum is scaring me away from it!!!!

Posted by NATO5776
March 26, 2007

Posted by NATO5776
March 26, 2007

IS it best to just use SATA HD as well as SATA DVD/cd R/rw to avoid jmicron drivers all together?

Posted by NATO5776
March 29, 2007

Hi Patri0t and all.

My previous comment (March 2) about hanging applications was indeed solved by the sound drivers.

I have a few other concerns now re: the JMicron SATA controller.

Windows XP boots up very slowly. I haven’t had a chance to go and run bootvis, but I’d estimate a full 2 minutes at the Windows XP black-splash screen. This is simply unacceptable as my single core P4 can outperform this by more than a factor of 3. I assume it is a disk throughput issue, somehow related to the JMIcron controller.

My questions:

a) Would installing the JMicron drivers have any effect on the speed of bootup (i.e. are the drivers even loaded at this early point in bootup). I’m currently using the autodetected Microsoft drivers.

b) Is there any (speed, other) benefit to running my SATA drives in AHCI mode or will that just cause headaches? They’re currently set to IDE emulation mode, and are SATA (not SATA-II) drives.

c) Is there any reason (speed, other) to install the JMicron drivers, outside of what’s previously been asked? I am NOT using RAID or the southbridge ATA controller.

Posted by flummoxd
March 29, 2007

Err, was a little confused there. In my previous post I was really asking about the 6xSATA Intel controller, not the JMicron 2xSATA/IDE controller.

Posted by flummoxd
April 4, 2007

Hi there, wondering if you could help me.

I’ve had the P5B Deluxe in my most recent build for a few months now, but when I insert my headset into the audio and microphone ports on the motherboard, I have to literally shout into the microphone to be heard. I have selected the Microphone Boost option within Windows and have checked that it is not on mute etc, but to no avail.

Thanks in advance for yuor assistance.

Posted by krypton_ls
April 6, 2007

Just to say thanks for the links. Been struggling to access asus ftp for far too long.

Regards

Posted by DarkDogZA
April 6, 2007

I’m back again. And now I hate this MB.. Today I have been getting bluescreens all day long. And the PC don’t power up, just standing “still” with the fans on fire. I had to do a clean install with Vista. It’s been stable for 2 hours now. Changed the timings for my RAM. But I don’t think that’s the problem.

I’m not sure if this MB was the best bye for me after all..

Posted by andy
April 7, 2007

I’ve spent many hours trying to set up a new computer with a mirrored hard drive. I have two identical 300 gig sata hdd, Intel core duo on a P5B board. I want the computer to think there is only one hard drive so I can mirror the os and everything. I’ve set this up on previous server 2003 installations. I set the BIOS to raid. When installing I’m never given the opportunity to hit F6. In Vista there is a driver install option that is supposed to be the new F6. I have made driver disk for that moment of installation. When I use the driver disk Vista sees the driver and installs it but I’m never presented with the DOS based admin program shown in the mother board’s owner manual. If I continue to install Vista, the driver is installed but I always see two sata hdd drives with no option to mirror. In computer management/disk management both drives are basic drives not dynamic drives. :shock:

April 16, 2007

hi i got this mb aswell with somne problems.
mainly the one i want fixed is the freezing i get when playing games.
I’ll get a blue screen and it will tell me something about the nvid_disp.dll filea and starts to do this dump cache.
i have the lastest drivers (for my card from the website, which is a PX7950GT) and my mobo biso is 1101
i installed the original jmicron on my pc that came with the cd.
pc parts are;
p5b-deluxe
e6600 @ 2.4Ghz
2GB Kingston 667hmz
Winfast PX7950GT
audigy 2 value
pioneer dvd/rw

any ideas? thanks if you can help ;)

Posted by LiQU!D
April 17, 2007

just a note on the audio drivers — the zip archive currently downloadable from asus is, indeed, corrupt. however, i was still able to use the extracted files to install drivers for 32-bit XP, apparently those files were not affected. but good luck!

Posted by jim
April 18, 2007

@LiQU!D:

I’ve got the same issue as you are. I installed Nvidia drivers 158.18 BETA. These do work fine under Windows, but I get the same BSOD as before while playing. It freezes, sound is terrible and the bluescreen accours. The same thing will happen under XP as in Vista. I’ve tried almost everything. I have disabled the JMicron driver, disabled secondary lan-port. I now run the 1004 BIOS, but the problem is not the BIOS I think. But I’ve found something in the evenviewer:

6009
0×80000000000000

4612
System
trollmann

6.00.
6000

Multiprocessor Free

This message accours abowe the ERROR message that says: The previous system shutdown at 16:14:18 on 18.04.2007 was unexpected.

I wounder if there are the same issues with other MB boards…

Posted by andy
April 21, 2007

@ Andy.
I’ve recently put on vista and downloaded all the latest updates from MS updates, which updated graphics drivers aswell as vista it self.(i did not do any extra driver updates, i only used the ones with vista)

I now have no freezes in any games!,
my pc stats are in above post, all i did was overclock my e6600 to 3.0ghz, and it’s as smooth as butter, (i have XP particianed, i went back to xp and tried again AND I GOT THE FREEZES AGAIN!, no more xp for me :)

i play americas army, i sometimes on certain parts of the map get tears across my screen. but not with any other game.

also i can’t change my sound device, im stuck on speakers, i can change it to 5.1 or stereo. but i can’t change it to headphones.

but atleast there are no freezes :)

Posted by LiQU!D
May 4, 2007

i could solve my Problems with “hanging tasks and unable to shut down System”. The DTS Encoding Feature of Soundmax Drivers are causing this! I did test it with the 3 latest drivers always the same. the only way to have a perfect stable system is just to disable DTS Encoding support, that´s it – no need to uninstall the whole Audio driver.

So it was a stupid decission to choose the ASUS P5B-Deluxe for building my HTPC System around it. I could reproduce my experience also on a friends P5B-Deluxe.

will have to wait till stable DTS Drivers appear… i hate to be alpha Tester for the industry :evil:

Posted by HDready
May 9, 2007

:evil:
I’ve reciently purchased my first system build and since I’ve gotten it, I’ve had a bit of a problem…

First off, I’ve the Asus P5B Deluxe Wi/fi edition mobo, and I am running Vista Ultimate.

Now the problem I’m having is that my computer will randomly shutdown and go to a blue screen. The blue screen goes away quickly, and there is some kind of error message, it’s up for about 2 seconds and then the system will restart, too fast for me to read.

Now, it almost always happens when I view video files. It doesn’t matter if they are .avi, .mp4, or streaming video from the internet. The odd thing, is that it doesn’t alwayse do it. Most of the time it does, but sometimes I can go through a full movie (or two) and it doesn’t do anything odd. When it does happen, and it usually does, it may restart (the same way) two or three times. And, it never dies in the same place twice.

I’m almost posative that it’t the onboard audio. When it first started having the problem, I searched for a burn in program and ran it. I ran tests for procesor, graphics, memory, etc. but as soon as I ran the test for audio, the system crashed. I called Asus for tech support and was told that SoundMax has yet to release a proper audio driver for Vista.

That was about two weeks ago, and now I’m sick of it. I reformated after talking with the Asus tech support and have not yet installed the audio driver. The sound works, but it still chrashes. I tried to install an old copy of XP and couldn’t deal with it, it seemed slow compaired to Vista. I’ve asked a friend of mine, and he believes that it is more than just an audio problem. I’ve gotten a memory testing program which I’ll run shortly to see if that may be the problem.

I wanted to post this because the problems that I’ve been reading seem to be kind of like mine. Maybe what I’ve posted will help someone else out, but mostly I wanted to see if anyone had any other suggestions that I could try. Any help would be great.

Posted by airrax
May 12, 2007

I am losing my mind!!!!

I have two drives in RAID-0 on the Intel Raid but I have my DVD drive on the JMicron controller.

When I try to intall Vista from the DVD, it boot ok from the DVD but then it says it is missing a driver for the CD/DVD, I put the driver downloaded from the asus site and it keeps complaining about the misssing driver.

WHAT THE HELL DRIVER SHOULD I BE USING!!!!? Please provide me with a link for this driver. I have spent the last 5 hours trying this and I can’t get past this. Please help me out!

Posted by RC
May 14, 2007

Hey. I have the P5B Deluxe, and I have 4 external HDDS. Two are SATA and two are IDE. All of them randomly disconnect, and sometimes (more often than not, the IDE drives) after rebooting they do not appear in windows. I have to manually shut off the external hdds and turn them back on before Vista sees them.

Any ideas?

Also, I have a readyboost drive, a 2GB USB2 thumbdrive, whenever I reboot the drive becomes corrupted and windows cannot view it anymore, I have to format it in a XP machine.

=/

Posted by lucky644
May 15, 2007

RC, I had the same problem as you have, but the i updated the firmware for my Dwd-rw Nec 4550a and luckily the issue was gone. I recommend you trying the same.

Posted by Stojan, SLOVENIA
June 14, 2007

I am using Fedora core 6 with ASUS P5PE-vm mother board.
My built in sound card is: ADI AD1888JCPZ High Definition Audio 6-channel CODEC. Now this sound card detection is done by Linux….But when I press “play test sound” I hear nothing. In windows however the sound card detection says: ADI AD1888JCPZ High Definition Audio 6-channel CODEC (and I have very nice sound quality).
can you possibly help me resolving this.
I need a audio driver for AD1888JCPZ in linux.
Thanks!

Posted by maricar
June 14, 2007

I already found the driver. I’ll just try if this will work.
Thanks!

Posted by maricar
June 18, 2007

Hi, I had this p5b deluxe wifi mobo, and just installed vista 32 bit on it. I cannot get it to connect to the internet via LAN ethernet card. I can see the gigabit ethernet yukon cards on device manager. right now im using the wireless and it works fine, but I want to use ethernet b/c my signal will be stronger. Any ideas?

Posted by veeral patel
July 1, 2007

when is sound max drivers for vista coming out, are they out well I can’t find them. please help me. thanks Bob.

Posted by Bob
July 17, 2007

I am trying to get VOIP to work on my P5B Deluxe with Vista Ultimate x32. I can’t get my michrophone to respond properly if at all…I’ve tried different Soundmax drivers, etc to no avail. I am using a headset w/mic.

Posted by Kursah
August 17, 2007

hi there! i’ve got this problem about my girl’s pc. she had an asus P5PE-VM board and i can’t seem to find an audio driver that would work for 32bit windows vista. will you guys help me? PLEASE! :cry: she couldn’t finish her work without her pc and if she never finishes her work, i wouldn’t get any. LOL… so, HELP!!! :cry:

Posted by Wudzpogi
August 28, 2007

Any news about latest drivers for XP sirrah?

Posted by Forrest Gump
August 28, 2007

tkven kleebi xo ar xart?????????????tuar dakenda tkveni dedac movdkan gaiget tkve kleeeebo FASHISTI :twisted:

Posted by FASHISTI
September 1, 2007

Help me! I changed my motherboard from p3 mb to p5b-vm. Im using an ide hdisk. I can’t boot to my ide hdisk but it can be read by the bios. Thanks.

Posted by opt
September 4, 2007

I am using Fedora core 5 with ASUS P5PLD2 se mother board. My built in sound card is: SoundMAX ADI Audio. Now this sound card detection is done by Linux….But when I press “play test sound” I hear nothing. In windows however the sound card detection says: ADI AD1888JCPZ High Definition Audio 6-channel CODEC (and I have very nice sound quality). can you possibly help me resolving this. I need a audio driver for SoundMAX ADI Audio Driver v6.10.1.6110 in linux. Thanks!

Posted by mohammad
September 13, 2007

I have an ASUS P5B Deluxe motherboard, with 6 SATA HD.

The OS is Vista Home Premium

When I conect an external SATA HD in a USB port, Windows asks for a JMicron driver, so I can’t use external HD’s.

Posted by Luis
November 8, 2007

Man, the asus servers suck so bad.

Posted by Nentisys
November 25, 2007

I have the P5B WiFi Deluxe board with an E6600 core duo, 2048 Corsair Ram, 8600 GTS Graphic card and using the onboard sound. I’m running Vista Ultimate 64. Everytime I play a FPS game such as Battlefield 2 or Call of Duty 4, my entire system freezes, usually between 10 and 30 minutes of playing. The screen freezes and whatever sound was playing just sticks on a loop. All I can do is pull the plug to reset. I think it’s the onboard sound. I’m running the latest drivers. Any suggestions? I may try buying a seperate sound card soon. Incidently this doesn’t happen in XP64, just vista.

Posted by Cheeze
December 6, 2007

Posted by Roger
December 6, 2007

OOPS repost without offending bracket…

For anyone with eSATA issues, I have a Seagate Freeagent Pro eSATA that wouldn’t work right in eSATA mode when writing (read at 30MB/s+, read/write in USB mode at 24MB/s, but random stops/starts and low (1MB/s) rates when writing).

I have an ASUS P5B Deluxe, my internal drives are all on the Intel chipset SATA controllers. After reading above (thanks!) I deleted the JMicron RAID controller in Vista and rebooted, then after Windows installed a standard AHCI controller and a JMB IDE controller, I DISABLED the JMB controller… now I’m getting write speeds at sustained 48MB/s… YES! Thanks again!

Seagate doesn’t know what the issue is, it’s not in their KB (yet… I called them) but it’s not a drive issue its the JMicron drivers messing things up.

Posted by Roger
December 26, 2007

i have problem with my soundmax hd audio on p5b deluxe – but its a bit different – i have switched left with right even on front panel (and whats best, the front panel doesnt work when i check the “front panel phones” in audio cfg. well the thing is really annoying because even my 5.1 which is plugged in the back of cpu works turned over, i mean the left side is right and right is left – same when i use the stereo speakers configuration – so i think : 1. the connections on the hardware can be switched (totally crap and big “-” for asus manufacturers) and 2. its matter of software drivers (i hope so cos it can be fixed somehow) thx and please if somone met same problem let me know and give me a solution for this big peace of crap [email protected]

Posted by sab
January 4, 2008

Whats out before trying this out. I installed the drivers for Vista 64 bit – matching my operation system, and after a reboot, my computer won’t boot!!!!
The fan starts for 3 seconds, and the blue power-on ASUS sign is on…I tried to clear bio, by removing battery and movnig jumper, this didn’t help! Arhhh :cry:

Posted by SNA
February 28, 2008

The Patri0t,

I’ve grown desperate and wondered if you might have a clue what’s happened here, or what I should try.

I have the P5B Deluxe WiFi. Got 4 drives on the Intel RAID channels. Booting from an IDE drive on the JMicron channel (with a DVD burner there also).

For some reason, Windows XP installer does not see the IDE boot drive. I can run a boot CD and see it, format it, prep it totally. The BIOS sees it too. But after Windows loads the install processes, it then claims there’s no drive to install to.

I’ve got the JMicron drivers for F6 install, and have tried it with and without them. No change.

Any idea how to get around this? I can’t get this system to install anymore.

Thanks

James

Posted by James
March 14, 2008

Hello,

For those with the “sound driver” problem that causes freezes – try this version

ftp://download.intel.com/design/motherbd/so/5%5B1%5D.12.1.3713_ADI_SM4_SF.exe

(version 5.12.01.3030 and earlier are causing the system instability in XP/2K3 *as described in AD`s faq*)

Posted by slimi
November 2, 2008

Hi there,
For some reason the motherboard(p5b) isnt recognizing my floppy RAID intel driver. It gets to the point where it sees the boot drive, it goes, it gets to the “Windows Setup” screen, then it stops. and just sits there. Any idea why this might be? Strangely, when I do NOT have the floppy driver in, it goes past this point, skipping over the f6 thing (even though I press it) and then gets to the point where it has no hard drive to install on cause it doesnt recognize the drives. I’ve installed the floppy drive on this computer and it seems to recognize it and not complain when i format it for RAID… (and write the drivers etc).

Posted by Ben
February 18, 2009

Great site

Posted by Adam
July 27, 2009

someone who can help me where i can find the driver of audio ADI AD1888JCPZ

Posted by john
June 10, 2010

Not all fax programs are created the same. If you take a look at the current market of faxing software, you??l see that there are a lot of programs out there with different prices, that?? because they are created for different sets of users. Faxing applications for individual users may do well enough by having basic faxing features and a good user interface, while on the other side business fax software need more advanced features designed to let you mange high volumes of faxing.

In the case of big companies, a fax server solution is the best way to go. This is a system that you need to install on the local area network that allows all users connected to it to send and receive faxes. Fax server software is created to better manage this case. Although this type of software is more expensive, you need to take into account that is a smart investment for any company. Just by integrating this solution, you can save huge amounts of money and time, which helps the bottom line of the company.

To get started with fax software, it is good to take a look at your options and get some way of review the product before buying it. Many software development companies offer free trials of their fax programs for a limited time or with limited features, this lets you have valuable hands-on experience when it comes to using them. On the other hand, you can also find reviews online of different fax software options. Here you can also find more information on all the features of Internet faxing and some programs.

Internet Fax Services ?st An Alternative

If you are interested in Internet faxing, there?? another alternative: the use of services. A fax service is offered to let you fax without the need of installing software, by taking advantage of a company?? own fax server and fax software. The use of service has grown exponentially in great part thanks that now providers are able to offer reliable and affordable solutions for individuals and businesses.

With fax software services, you pay a monthly fee that allows you to send and receive a limited amount of fax depending on your plan. On the market there are different plans offered, but the market standard for the basic on is of 300 pages (received and sent) for around ten dollars. Being a web based service, it offers its advantages like extra features (such as portable device notifications, managing of different users, broadcasting) and the ability to being accessible from any computer in the World as long as you have an Internet connection. Plus, they give you an Internet fax number (local or toll-free) that you can use to receive faxes from any fax machine or computer.

These services are best used by individuals and small businesses. Big companies are better off with the use of fax server software since that gives them more flexibility and is more cost effective than using a service.If you are interested in Internet fax services, know that many of these companies offer a free trial of their services. I?? recommend you to take a look at Ringcentral Fax and MyFax. Both of these services offer a free trial that has all the benefits to let you start faxing immediately with no problems. Check out their free trials below:

As you can see, both faxing software and services are here to help, that means they are here to stay. If you haven?? made the jump yet to this new technology, I?? recommend you to start looking for the best faxing software option or to try a service that you find interesting. You can find all the information to get started here at Fax Software World.

Posted by best fax software
October 28, 2010

i’m seachering for the soundmax audio driver, but i use hp compac, not accer.

Posted by cleaners
January 26, 2011

That was helpful :)

Posted by ???? ????? ??? ???