Apple’s Mecca – Non sense!

Posted by 8 November, 2006 |

Aapa sent the following SMS to me around a week ago. She asks me things like this so asked me about this too, if it is true or not.

NewYork main Americans ne KABA k Design ka Sharab Khana banaya hai,jiska Naam Apeal Kaba hai Daily Express 17-10-06 Kindly spread this SMS 2 inform every Muslim,i request u 2 condemn this SHAMEFULL ACT Strongly thru all Means & Media. Like Internet & on Tv & on News Papers.

For those of you who cannot read Roman Urdu, here is the translation.

Americans have built a pub (where Alcoholic beverages are sold) in New York with design of the Holy Kaaba. It has been named, “Apple Kaaba”. Daily Express 17-10-2006. Rest is readable in English.

I was like WHAA! I do get forwards on SMS from my friends. Even things like Allah’s names and the person asks you to send it to this much people or I will have bad luck. I never forward them. It’s a jammer for the Cellular company. Now I know that is might benefit the person who reads those things or the person who sends it to them BUT why can’t the person just sit and finish one part of Qu’ran everyday and try to understand it with translation too instead of sending out those much messages? So anyways. Above was one of the message which was apparently being forwarded by people through out Pakistan & I am sure all of them believed it.

So I told aapa that is I am sure is only mis information and nothing else (which I will prove below). Next day, father brings the weekly local magazine which is like 3rd class journalism but what can you say. Something is better than nothing. It is one of 3 magazines/newspapers printed locally in our city. They had the same message which was forwarded to me by Aapa for verification, it was on their Editorial page which comes 2nd… THIRD class journalism as I said above, they did not care to confirm it, furthermore, the message above if you noticed has “APEAL KAABA” which the person actually meant “APPLE KAABA” but due to mistype it became “APEAL KAABA”. The magazine which had it on their Editorial contained exact same word “APEAL KAABA” instead of the correct “APPLA KAABA”! It also contained text below to provoke all muslims, to protest against the shameful act, cursed the hell out of Americans and compared it to the insulting cartoons published about our beloved Prophet Mohammad (SAWW).

So what is this Apple’s Mecca thing about? I am no big fan of Apple but supporting what is true. Apple is very well known Company and it’s also known for their creative designing whether it comes to their computer products, the pods or even their packaging! They decide to own a shop of their own, they get a unique design as always and the outcome is Apple’s Fifth Avenue store in New York which when is cuboid in shape and is all made of glass. It was all covered black while being built (to surprise their fans perhaps or perhaps the glass company asked them to) and it looked like this in the beginning.

Apple Shop

I think now you are getting the whole thing. Osama Bin Ladin (or his type of thinkers) were passing by the said site when they saw this and the next thing which flashed in their mind was. This resembles our Holy Kaaba!!! (NON SENSE!) and saying guys these filthy Americans are not planning to do something again to insult us Muslims (EVEN MORE NON SENSE!) They started all the fuss on Internet too which you can feel by GOOGLING Apple’s Mecca. Then some of them had to make it yummy for all the Muslims so they had a little chilly, salt and pepper on it by claiming that it’s a pub and Alcohols are sold and served in it!!! Final cheese was spread on all this by Tech. news sites too as they called the said shop and the shops project too as “Apple’s Mecca”. The first search result you get from Google for it is CNET’s website too saying Apple “Mecca” rising. So those Osama like thinkers added this too with it and claimed Apple has called it self Mecca and is making their own Kaaba (which Apple’s fans will bow down to or something?) and this is big insult to Islam.

I read on The Register UK website too that there is no Alcohol selling in the 5th Avenue shop of Apple. Apple has also denied it in Media and they also said they never called it Mecca or Kaaba. Check THIS LINK for complete story about the said issue. Also see Apple’s Official Website for their 5th Avenue Store and see the pictures after it was completed. It looks pretty different than all other stores.

There was no need to make a fuss out of nothing. The Tech. sites without any doubt called this as Apple’s Mecca, I as a Muslim was not offended by this. They did not mean to insult Muslims or Islam or Mecca or Kaaba. Mecca and Kaaba, how important it is for us Muslims? They were just telling a point of how important this site is for Apple and ofcourse for it’s fans. Another reason for it being called Apple’s Mecca can ofcourse be the cuboid structure but I don’t think they meant to hurt feelings of Muslims. They just wanted to tell a point by calling it Apple’s Mecca. It is very irresponsible of the newspapers and magazines which printed the said thing and also very irresponsible of the people who spread this message through SMS, e-mails or websites. I am glad this did not provoke a same reaction to what we saw for the insulting cartoons few months ago, that was just shameful! Apple just had their foots in Pakistan by having a reseller shop in Karachi, I am sure I would have heard news of it being burnt by Osama thinkers if this thing had gone a little more ahead. There are a hell lot of people present among us who just wait for such a “GOLDEN” chance. . .

My request to all Muslims, even non-Muslims. Please for the love of GOD, do not believe each and everything you are told or which you hear. Confirm it from a reliable source before you believe it and tell it to your friends and spread it across because the consequences sometimes can hurt someone in the end and you will be the one to blame. You will not be held accountable for it in this world, you can easily get away here but not in the world here after. As for OSAMA, man… You suck!

Be Sociable, Share!

No related posts.

Categories : General Tags :

Comments
November 8, 2006

asalamu alaaykum

i read about this sometime ago , and there were public complaints by some muslims , honestly maybe they did it on purpose they arent far from that now , but it just looks like a miniature sky scraper…

Posted by yousif
November 10, 2006

I have read this now and i will again say that you are doing very well and keep it up.We increases our general as well as Islamic knowledge by Your this website.but keep one thing in mind that one cant change the whole system so make a vast network all our the world of patriots and those who love God (Islam) and then Inshaallah there will be a vast change and u will see that.We especially I am with you and remember 1 thing it is in quran tha non muslims will never be true friends of Muslims.So once again we have proud of you. Your best friend Hamid Ali Hamid

Posted by Hamid Ali Hamid
November 12, 2006

This act is done coze the americans are jelous of our religion islam
becoze these americans are no match to a single muslim
They what ever they we r not goig to break our unity

bull shit

Posted by Mohammed yousuff
November 20, 2006

As-salam alykum…

A brother had send me this link thru YM.. firstly i like to request the owner or the person who writes here should start with a ‘Salam’.. hope i am not offending any1 with my request .

I totally agree with this column, there is no need for us to feel rage on Appel’s Mecca. Media just want to fill their pockets and they will print all the Masala news they come acorss and hardly there will be any truth. If any1 wants to do good to our community then wear Islam , learn to be humble, polite and have paitence, make dua .. and inshallah Allah will definetly help us.

plz take time and visit these sites,

http://www.edars.com , http://www.lightuponlight.com, http://www.islamalways.com

Have a nice day.

Posted by Khalid Mahmood
November 23, 2006

As-salam alykum…

Dear brother thanks for clearing this very apparently. I am must congratulate for your this act may Allah guide us in learning good things and capturing good knowledge.

Thanks.
Allah Hafiz

Posted by Atique Shaikh
November 23, 2006

Atique Shaikh said:

As-salam alykum…
Dear brother thanks for clearing this very apparently. I must congratulate you for your this act may Allah guide us in learning good things and capturing good knowledge.and also to take care for our religion. Please follow what the Hadis says and Quran obviously and revolutionize Islam and spread the truth…..please.
Thanks.Allah Hafiz

Posted by Atique Shaikh
November 24, 2006

Assalamualikum wa rahamatullahi wa barakktaho…..

———————————————–
i second khalid bhais comments.
Nabi ke andar sabar tahammul zadya thaa,aap ke tariqe ko apnaana hain, aap ki mehneth mein. jis tarha kaam bada hain, usool bhi badyen hain,be usooli ka asar sab par hoga,Nubuwwath ka tariqa kaam mein lana hoga,kaam aur sara deen Amanath hain…
jald bazi mei koi comment na karyan,Allah gafoor-ur-raheem hain,sare bhed janta hain …….
Agar is par koi kaam karna ho to sunnath tariqa ho,Allah ki madad sunnath ke saath hain.
comment karna koi bhi karega woh kafirana na ho…
aaj sab koi western style pasand karne lage hain
AI ALLAH HAMARE KHAUM KO IKHLAAS KE SAATH SIRATAL MUSTAQEEM PAR KHYAAM RAHNE WALA BANA…..
AUR HUZOOR NE JIN BURSIYON SE PANHA CHAHI THEE USSE HAMARI HIFAZATH FARMA….
Allaha humma soll-e-ala ruh mohammadin fil arwahi wa ala jasidihi fil ajsadi wa ala khabrahi fil khuburi
(iqlaas aur tadap ke saath darood padho aur aap Allah ke ghar ki hifazath ki duva mango……)
inshaallah hoping good over evil

wassalam……..

Posted by mrs.sana khan
November 27, 2006

Thanks very much everyone! :smile:

@Mohammed yousuff: you are not really right. They are not jealous of us but AFRAID of us and whoever spread this rumour about the Apple shop is not a momin either since it’s based on a lie and nothing else.

Posted by The Patri0t
November 28, 2006

:!: Assalamualikum wa rahamatullahi wa barakktaho…..

comment karna koi bhi karega woh kafirana na ho…
aaj sab koi western style pasand karne lage hain
AUR HUZOOR NE JIN BURSIYON SE PANHA CHAHI THEE USSE HAMARI HIFAZATH FARMA….
inshaallah hoping good over evil

wassalam……..

Posted by ALI
November 28, 2006

Assalamu alaikum wrub. This is my first time here and I do appreciate what u have written. The moment I had recieved that offline, like a month back, I had deleted it and had googled myself to get to the truth which alhAMDULILAH i actually did and this is also what every muslim should do. But I dont see how osama comes into picture here ? I am sorry but the writer some how compares the people who spread this to osama. My friend u are doing the same ignorant thing that others did. They compared an apple publicity stint outlet to kaba and u left them far behind by bringing osama into the picture from out of no where. What do u know about osama ? Do u know him personally ? If u believe everything that the media ( cnn, bbc ) has to say about osama then am sorry but u are as ignorant as the people who believed in this apple kaaba thing. Many white christian americans who believe that sep 11 was a conspiracy are far better than u in terms of logic and sense. U are also ignorant enough to think that the cartoon protests were shameful. Did u know that the saudi government and other muslim countries had peacefully appealed to the danish govt to apologize for the cartoons for atleast 5 months ??? Only after that, did the local people come out on the streets. U dont know that do u ? U are so deep into inferiority complex of being a muslim that u dont see the truth…I am ashamed that here i have come across a muslim who is very dangerous…U know why u of are the dangerous kind ? coz u are one of those rare EDUCATED IGNORANTS ! ! !

Posted by Rehan
November 28, 2006

Thanks for the comments. Rehan Sahab, DO YOU KNOW OSAMA personaly? I do believe that 9/11 was a conspiracy of American Government and I also believe Al-Qaeda is their tool. Tell me what good has Osama done for the Muslims?

There is a way of protesting Rehan Sahab, the most practical way of it is BOYCOT of their products. Was it not shameful that the Pakistanis burnt their own shops and damaged their own property? IT WAS SHAMEFUL! Does Islam ask us to go out and burn your brother’s property when some dumb head makes those cartoons thousands of Kilometers away. What has the guy next door and his property got to do with all this?

Saudi Government and other Muslim countries protested, right. Tsk Tsk. :roll: Even if they protested, even if the public CAME ON STREETS, WHAT WAS THE NEED TO DESTORY THEIR OWN PROPERTY? They burnt several DAEWOO Buses in Peshawar and their bus stand too. Do you know which country DAEWOO belongs to? They had nothing to do with the cartoons. Was it not SHAMEFUL then?!

Posted by The Patri0t
December 5, 2006

we are already in delicate situation .we dont need to get any less wanted ..by bein to hostile towards non muslim.. i think by making ourself educated & patient we can be able to convey we can live a happy life just like them infact better than them.we have to give a good impression.lets do that.hatered shouldnt be the 1st priority .

Posted by nasimul islam
December 7, 2006

Thanks nasimul Islam for the nice comment. True, we should focus on education.

Posted by The Patri0t
December 13, 2006

As Salaam u Aliakum,
Brother i like your way of explaining each and everything clearly here in India when i saw this sms on my mobile phone immediatly i checked it on Google i got your link on it. Now i can reply to my friends reffering your website. Thanks brother

Posted by Syed Osman (India)
December 13, 2006

assalamualiakum i believe it all just to offend muclims and provoke them because respect is respect and if americans do such act our business is ignorance and devotion towards islamic principles.

Posted by mariam
December 15, 2006

@ Syed Osman (India): Thanks very much for appreciating bro! :grin:

@ mariam: I don’t think they did it to hurt the feelings of Muslims. It was just to make a point and they did clarify themselves.

Posted by The Patri0t
December 18, 2006

As Salaam wale qum,
Brother i like to explain clearly that in India when i saw this sms on my mobile phone immediatly i checked it on Google i got your link on it so thanks to give us correct information and i had contacted my friends back and told then no to do this act which spoils the identity of islam
:smile:

Posted by Abrar
December 18, 2006

Thanks Abrar :grin:

Posted by The Patri0t
December 19, 2006

[EDITED] ka bachay hean . [EDITED] walay .sari american bachioon ka [EDITED]

Posted by shaikh
December 20, 2006

Mr. shaikh, you are not allowed to talk such non sense here. Talking about “RAPING” Americans is so stupid. No muslim can think this way. You know very well if you are a muslim how “SEVERE” sin it is… You can’t do it to anyone, any any one!!! Even to those who do SHIRK openly or who call our Prophet (saww) bad.

Shame on you! You are blocked from commenting on my site.

Posted by The Patri0t
December 20, 2006

this is a shameful act by the americanz non muslim.
we n our leaderz ve to take it seriously n condemn this ..

Posted by iftikhar hussain
January 23, 2007

Assalamualikum

Allah will karam and un ko jahanam main jugha dey ga jinhoon nay itna wrong kaam kia quran says jahanam tyar hay kafiroon kay liye jis main hamisha raheen gay, all muslims need to be unite .Allah say dua hay you will get the best jaza kay app Islam ki khidmat ker rahy hain Allah sub ko tofeeq deen ameen .

Posted by Irum
January 23, 2007

Thanks Irum!

Posted by The Patri0t
February 23, 2007

:roll: :twisted: :evil: :oops: :razz: :lol: :smile: :sad: :eek: :???: :shock: :cool: :mad: :cry: ;-) ;-) :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :neutral: :grin: ii

Posted by uuuuuuuuuuuuu
August 18, 2007

this is done by some illiterat group of Chistian or Jews and if Allah will give its answer very soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you bloody idots

Posted by Baynasir Bhutto
August 18, 2007

to thoughs who are making fun of islam

:arrow: :mad: dog aasssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by shaikh
August 18, 2007

ASSALAMUALLIKUM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
first of all I would like to thank ALLAH TALA that our real HOLY KABBAH-TU-ALLAH[BAIT-ULLAH]is save!!!

the thing they are doing is turthfully not honest for their fellow MUSLIM human beings

NAAUZZUBILLAH SUMA NAAUZUBILLAH !!!!!!
they would serriously be punished for this by Allah TABARAK WA TALAH !!!!!!!!!!

I would honistly like to abuse them who had done this sinfull act

:arrow: :mad: stuppid mad ullukayputhay and moron

Iwould like to give a massage i.e BE AWARE OF THEIR NEXT STAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALLAH HAFIZ

ALLAH IS GREATEST OF ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Shaikh Daniyal Ahmed
August 18, 2007

A SINFUL ACT TOWARDS ISLAM

August 19, 2007

Ugh, can you guys please read what I wrote and actually UNDERSTAND it before commenting? :shock:

Posted by The Patri0t
September 2, 2007

Assalam-o-Alikum.

Although, we are Muslims but sorry, we are Muslims by chance. May Allah protect us from all evils and put us on the way leads towards Heaven.
Thanks for your valuable and informative article.

Posted by Muhammad Muddassir Khan
October 9, 2007

Salam,
I think only updation on site is not enough; we have to spread this truth, the way this all fuss started. When I got mail about this I really got very disturbed but after reading all this it’s a great relief. We need to spread this via mail & SMS too
:idea:

Posted by Danish Shaikh
November 30, 2007

It is not Muslims are complaining about the cublical structure that resemble Kaba in the Mecca it the because the name which the apple is using. Just change the name and everything will be fine.

Posted by john
December 1, 2007

salaam to every one.
i am very very upset with this situation,
and i am only 9 years old.I swear, if I
was older then I would have done a prostest
abut this apple mecca. :mad: this is very bad.
when i saw that apple mecca,I was almost about
to cry.i do live in the U.S.A and i do live in
a nieborhood with americans but i still dont
like them.I think that somebody should do a
protest.so if anybody reads what i wrote then
please try to protest them.ok.Islaam is awesome And i love my culture.and i love god :!:

Posted by ayiesha khan
December 13, 2007

Asalam o alekum,

i read about this article. this is not much from american. we have to do act for them.

im requesting to our all leaders and all our muslims to do some thing for this act. i should not to built.

God bless you.

Posted by Adil Mughal
January 2, 2008

americans are big idiots they did not know the place of that holly place in our hearts . there is GOD to punish them . alas muslims of today cant fight against

Posted by sheharyar pervez
January 8, 2008

salam:yeh tasveeriein dekho apni ankhon se patiyan hata lo khuda ke khof se daro sub ko aik din allah ke paas jana hai.ab to ehtajaj karo ke in kafiron ne hamare allah ke ghar ke naam ka juva khana bana diya na-u-zubillah.ab ehtajaj nahi karo ge to kub karo ge ab bhi is ko dekh kar ehtajaj nahi kiya to hum musalmano per lanat hai. musalmano apni ankhein khol lo agar tum logon ka iman aik he, islam aik he, khana kaba aik he ,rasool aik hai aur khuda aik hai, to ehtajaaj zaroor karo ge.aap log kadam barao hum ap logon ke sath hain.pore musalmano ko chahiye ke sub mil ker ehtajaaj karein dikha dein ke hum allah ki raah mein apni jaan bhi dey dein to koi ghum nahi.meri dua yeh hai ke allah sare musalmano ko larne ki himat de.( ameen )

Posted by zeeshan
March 7, 2008

MAy Allah show us a Black day on all those who are trying to make joke of Islam………..And Elhmdo li Allah Kaaba is save from all what they are doing..

Posted by Aywar
April 2, 2008

It is highly immoral and childish attitude to attack on someone’s religion. Please Stop this

Posted by Rafiq
February 15, 2009

dear sir patriot..
if apple’s mac people reffered to their new site as “apple’s mecca” to infer to the importancy of the place to them and to apple’s fans, “like you explained”, then why hadn’t they named it something like “apple’s cross” or somehitng ?

Posted by lama
April 18, 2009

i never had believed these kinds of stupid activities and it should be punishable by the Allah

Posted by Khalid Abdul Khadar
June 25, 2009

inshallah allah ka unqareeb azab ayi ga ap sb ko bycot herna chaiya american kutto say allah nighban

August 3, 2009

my Allah help those who are going to mecca this yeasr.
and provide all there need for them and help us so that the following year we to can go and visit the peace town.may ALLAH help us all.ALLAH YOU ARE THE MOST GRAETEST.

Posted by fatihi mohammed
November 18, 2009

[EDITED] americanssssssss [EDITED] itnu himat hai to samneh ao

By ADMIN:
I am sad to see to till date no one really understands what this post is about. :S

Posted by abdul rehman butt
June 11, 2010

Amiable post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.

Posted by WP Themes
November 25, 2010

Asalam o ALekum,
My brothers and sister Allah has promise that He will protect Quran Mujeed by Himself so He definately Protect and keep santity of Holy kaba.

Posted by tahmina